Saturday, August 25, 2012

Been A While

It has been a while since my last blog post. I love to write but seems as the days go by the less interested I am in doing so much of the things I love to do.
I did get busy this past winter, so I guess that is part of my excuse. Excuses are what I do best.
It has been a tough month for me. I lost my grandma a month ago & I am still hurting a lot. So much more has been going on too but won't bore you with it all.
Losing Grandma was not easy at all. She was the last of our family since we lost our mom in '92. She was the glue that kept us together. I caught myself wanting to call her the day we got home, the day after her funeral. I put my keys down, saw the phone & said, wow, I should really call Grandma soon. I have caught myself thinking that a few times since. I sure do miss you a lot & going home, the next year, is going to be hard. I am pretty sure I will tear up, knowing she won't be there to go visit.
I won't be going back to the MS to work, this school year. Not to sad about not going back for many reasons. I will miss it though, because there are some great kids there that I am so glad I got to know the three months I got to work there.
I am trying to get the house freshened up for the winter, so started by getting a fresh coat of paint in Tia's bedroom. Now to get stuff back on the walls & build shelves in her closet. Then I have to do the same, except for paint, in Devin's room. I will then keep moving through the house until it is all freshly painted or redone in some way or another.
I am also going to try and china paint a bit more this winter. I really love to china paint, one of my favorite crafts.
I need to start to work on me & think about me, but that probably won't happen because since I won't be working & at home day in and day out, others will always come first.
OMG!! Change of subject. I am watching a movie & had to turn up the volume because hubby is in the basement snoring up a storm. I had to turn it up pretty loud too, to not hear him. Good Grief!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment